Since my LCS announced they were open yesterday and today and then closing until next Tuesday, my MO was twofold:
1. Spend a shit ton of money to support a local business in a shitty economic time.
2. Get some heavy reading material for my corona cation (as I wait to figure out WTF the plan is for schools in Kansas).
So, I picked up some books that I had seen some rave reviews on, and some trades from some authors I like. So, Whenever my 3 kids will give me enough time to read and write reviews (It's a 3 on 1 zone for most of the day as my wife has to work from home) my priority rankings are actually important to me! So here they are in order of excitement:
1. Bad Reception #4 (Aftershock)---Holy shit, this took a while to get out, and I am excited to see what's going on with hashtag!
2. Something is Killing the Children #6 (Boom!)
3. Jane Foster Valkyrie #9 (Marvel)
4. Atlantis Attacks #3 (Marvel)
5. Deadpool #4 (Marvel)
6. Batman #91 (DC)
7. Family Tree #5 (Image)
8. Heartbeat #5 (of 5) (Boom!)
9. Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #9 (DC)
10. Ghost Spider #8 (Marvel)
11. Undiscovered Country #5 (Image)
12. Morbius #5 (Marvel)
13. The Pile of X (X-Force 9 and Excalibur 9)
14. Alienated #2 (Boom!)
15. Bang #2 (Dark Horse)
16. Outlawed #1 (Marvel)
17. DCEASED Unkillables #1 and 2 (DC)--New Pickup for me!
18. Justice League #1 (DC Dollar Comics)--New Pickup
19. Spider-Woman #1 (Marvel)--didn't intend to get it, but since she is on like every Marvel cover this week.....
20. Artemis & The Assassin #1 (Aftershock)--New Pickup!
21. Robin 80th Anniversary (DC)
Still Playing Catch-Up
22. Captain America #20 (Marvel)
And some ASM back issues (#SpencerQuest Continues)
Trades I either Picked Up or Finally Read to Review
1. Maneaters 1-3 Image (I had these, and I'm re-reading them again!)
2. Brothers Dracul (Aftershock)--Need to finish #6
3. Jimmy's Bastards 1-2 (Aftershock--Had 1, grabbed 2)
4. Unholy Grail (Aftershock)--What can I say, I'm a sucker for Bunn
5. Die vol 1-2 (Image).
We'll see how quickly I get through all of this, but I'm excited to read books when my littles stress me out a bit too much! What are y'all reading during your coronacation?
The journey of a 30-something father of three who's trying to break into the world of reviewing comics after a loooooong hiatus...